Would you be able to place our iconic boxes locally as part of your daily life and every few months tally up the funds before paying them in to Guide Dogs?
The time commitment for this role is very flexible, and would include spotting opportunities to place boxes during your daily activities.
What does the role involve?
- Identifying and placing collecting boxes in suitable locations.
- Talking to the shop owner, receptionist etc. at the location about how the boxes will help Guide Dogs and what we do.
- Emptying boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts.
- Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked.
- If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location. Your supervisor may also ask you to remove boxes.
- Reporting any stolen boxes to the local Mobility Team.
- Spotting the potential for further fundraising amongst the box holders for Community Fundraiser.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/07/2021
End Date: 06/07/2022
More Opportunities from Guide Dogs
Communication Service supporter for Stroke Survivors in various locations across New Forest and Waterside
Stroke Association New Forest
Winchester Youth Counselling
New Forest Mencap
Tower House Horses CIO