Volunteer to help Sue Ryder be there when it matters.
As a Till Volunteer in our Sue Ryder charity shop, you will be one of the store’s friendly faces who will help us to provide the best customer experience whilst playing an important role in raising funds for our charity work.
Please note - we do have a minimum age requirement in our shops of 18.
The Role – Till Volunteer:
- Serving customers on the till (training provided)
- Greeting and helping customers
- Offering and selling Sue Ryder weekly Lottery tickets.
- Donations and Gift Aid – meet donors, receive donations, sign donors up to Gift Aid
- Sorting, labelling, pricing of stock
- Maintaining shop displays, re-stocking
- Light cleaning/tidying duties to keep the shop inviting and well presented
- As a Till Volunteer you will:
- Require good numeracy skills
- Enjoy helping and engaging with customers
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Ability to work as part of a team
How you will benefit
- Make new friends and become a part of your local community
- Be part of a friendly team
- Learn new, transferable skills and enhance your CV
- Flexible working
- Volunteer 50% discount on donated goods in all Sue Ryder shops
- Travel expenses – we are happy to reimburse reasonable travel expenses for a minimum regular commitment.
About Sue Ryder
- We provide care, bereavement and emotional support in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes, online and in the community.
- Sue Ryder is one of the UK’s largest charity retailers with over 400 shops.
- Our shops generate funding so we can provide an annual 2.7 million hours of expert medical care.
- Sue Ryder places huge value on the diversity that we have within our team of volunteers and supporters.
If you have any questions, please include this in the notes when registering your interest.
You don’t need any experience to join us as a volunteer you just need to be willing and helpful with a flexible and enthusiastic approach.
In return for your enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to be part of a wonderful team, gain new skills and experience, and most importantly contribute towards making a difference to our service users and their families.
Sue Ryder places huge value on the diversity that we have within our team of volunteers and supporters. If you are concerned that your skills or abilities might not fit with the role that we have described please let us know in your registration of interest. We are able to be flexible with most of our volunteering opportunities.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Bus fares where shifts are 4 hours or more or mileage is paid
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Sue Ryder
Hursley Community Shop and Post Office