Your role will be to help ensure the smooth day-to-day running and operation of a busy vibrant sports and community centre, providing services for a diverse community and wide range of user groups. You will also support the delivery of effective administrative systems and be the day-to-day interface with centre users, service providers and the general public. You will work closely with the Operations Managers and other colleagues in Community First to develop new uses and to promote the community centre to a wide audience in and around the Clanfield Centre, encouraging more people to use the centre, attend events and access the services on offer.
Duties and activities will include:
- Administration and Co-ordination
- Marketing and Promotion
- Supporting Staff
- Health and Safety
- To demonstrate a flexible attitude to the work environment and to work a flexible rota.
- You will be required to undertake a DBS check.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties as reasonably requested.
Register your interest today to learn more about this very exciting opportunity.
You will have some practical experience and knowledge of the community and voluntary sector gained either through work or volunteering and some experience of working or volunteering in a community and/or sports centre setting.
- Be Approachable
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Have good numerical skills
- Have excellent ICT skills and be adept in Word, Excel, and use of online social media and websites
- Have effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Be good at organising and prioritising work
- Be able to work in a busy demanding environment
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be flexible and cover for other staff or fill in where required to get the job done
- Be prepared to learn on the job and take on additional responsibilities and tasks
- Show commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Available on request.
When can I volunteer?
The Clanfield Centre
More Opportunities from Community First
Emsworth Show Committee
MHA Communities Portsmouth & Havant
British Red Cross