Young people may have a range of professionals working with them. However, it is recognized that having someone impartial to talk to and offer support can make a difference to self esteem and engagement.
Volunteers will be matched with young people and offer one to one support. This is likely to include: face to face meetings, supporting them to attend meetings and appointments and increasing their self esteem. A crucial aspect will be the ability to build positive relationships which allow young people to feel listened to and supported and continue as long as needed.
The Volunteer will:
- Work with the volunteer coordinator to agree a match to young people.
- Attend an initial meeting with the young person and Children’s Services worker to agree the type and frequency of support to be offered and agree ongoing meetings and support.
- Discuss and agree information sharing with the young person and Children’s Services worker.
- Meet with the young person and deliver the ongoing support agreed.
- Record and share information as agreed.
- Volunteers may work with more than one young person at a time (depending upon the time they are able to offer).
*Please ensure you note your location when registering your interest*
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Mileage will be paid at 45p/mile, providing that the volunteer hold 'business use' insurance.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
2 full-day induction training, plus further strand training.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Role profile will be provided once interest has been expressed.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/03/2021
End Date: 16/03/2022
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Hampshire Children's Services
Horndean Voluntary Care Group
Hampshire Children's Services