This role will involve a Volunteer making contact to arrange a conversation with children and young people who return from being missing, ideally within 72 hours of their return.
All Hampshire children or young people who are reported missing are offered the opportunity of a return conversation. Meetings may take place in a variety of settings including: the child’s home, foster care address, residential care setting, or other agreed local venue.
Return from missing conversations are an important part of safeguarding and can help to put things in place to make sure children/young people do not go missing in the future and/or signposted to additional support.
* Please note that there may be a delay in contacting potential volunteers of up to 3 weeks. Please do get in touch if you have not heard anything from us after that time.
As a volunteer I will:
- Receive details from the Volunteer Coordinator about the Return Conversation.
- Contact the young person/family to offer the conversation.
- Meet with the child/young person to have the conversation and complete the standard form.
- Submit the record of the conversation to the Innovations Team.
As an organisation we will:
- Offer training relevant to the role.
- Provide you with ongoing, high quality and timely support.
- Pay mileage expenses at 45p per mile plus any additional expenses that may be incurred (mileage expenses can only be paid on evidence of business insurance and a valid MOT).
This volunteering opportunity is subject to an application form, interview, references x2, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and satisfactory completion of training.
*Please ensure you note your location when registering your interest*
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
All volunteering expenses including mileage will be paid. Mileage payment will be on condition of volunteer holding 'business use' insurance.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
2 day Induction, plus 1/2 day strand training.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Role profile will be provided once interest has been expressed.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/03/2021
End Date: 16/03/2022
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Hampshire Children's Services
Citizens Advice Witness Service
YMCA Fairthorne Group
Ringwood Good Neighbours
MHA Communities - Winchester