The Fareham Shopmobility service provides mobility scooters, electric and manual wheelchairs to people with limited mobility, enabling them to access Fareham town centre and shop independently.
Maintenance Assistants are expected to:
- Inspect, maintain and clean mobility equipment to ensure it is safe, well maintained and fit for purpose;
- Use safe practice and within the guidelines of your training;
- Service equipment to schedule and record all maintenance correctly;
- Repair equipment to the best of your abilities and training;
- Inform the manager of any defects outstanding and to contact Lewis Mobility for collection if required;
- Use safe manual handling and lifting techniques;
- Update paperwork on all maintenance procedures;
- Park scooters appropriately for customer use and assist to ensure all customers have the correct choice of equipment;
- Promote and display good scooter handling, driving ability and safety awareness;
- Understand correct scooter / powerchair use and the laws governing this practice;
- Use all protective equipment provided.
All staff/volunteers are to leave all areas clean and tidy and free from any hazards. It is mandatory that any such hazard, accidents, or near misses are recorded, a report made to the manager, and noted in the relevant handover/communications books for other team member’s awareness. All spills must be cleaned up immediately. This is to ensure a good practice is adopted by all staff/volunteers and encourage a safe environment.
Confidentiality and respect for all aspects of Shopmobility is essential, and a clean and tidy appearance is required of all personnel. Any accidents, incidents or near misses but be recorded and reported to the manager.
We also ask that you have an awareness of the other supportive services provided by Community First to enable you to have a greater awareness of the charity you are volunteering for. Your manager is there to guide, assist and support you in all of the above comments and we ask that you make them aware of any areas of assistance.
- Practical skills
- Team worker
- Able to keep accurate records
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Community First
Winchester Go LD
The Handy Trust
Marfield Care Home