- To assist in the provision of information and advice and support to disabled people, family, carers and professionals in a non-judgmental, accessible way, empowering them to make informed choices; keeping up to date with relevant issues to do so.
- Help to maintain accurate, up-to-date and confidential client logs.
- Help to maintain the reference library and leaflets (i.e. photo copying, tidying etc.) and to undertake any other tasks of a similar level of responsibility as requested.
- Make the coffee & tea!
- Assist with preparation, display and selling of disability equipment both new and second hand.
- Reception duties as required.
- If information officer wishes to, after further training to become an advisor - assisting with disability benefit advice and helping to complete disability benefit forms.
One session per week minimum (3hrs am, or 4 hrs pm).
Talking to others.
Our premises is accessible for disabled people / wheelchair users as there is a ramp at front door and also a lift to the first floor.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
We pay for volunteer mileage to and from the shop.
- Health and Safety Policy
We take temperature upon arrival, wear masks / visors, have anti-bac on desks and do not share phones.
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
6 Osborne Road
Ringwood Good Neighbours
Fareham West District Scouts
Crimestoppers - Hampshire
Alton & Petersfield Multiple Sclerosis Group