The role of the supplies volunteer is to:
- Support staff with the distribution and delivery of supplies needed throughout the hospital.
- Report to the supplies department at the beginning of a shift
- Supporting the collation of hospital supplies for distribution
- Distributing hospital supplies across the Trust
Volunteers will be trained to respond to requests in real time situations and have the fluidity to move around according to requirements.
This is an active role and volunteers must be physically mobile and able to move around the hospital site.
The hours for the role are Monday - Friday, 9am - 12pm.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to follow instructions
- Willingness to help and support staff
- Able to liaise with professional staff at all levels
- Adaptable and willing to learn
- Calm and composed
- Flexible and responsive
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and moving around the hospital site
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Up to 30 miles round trip
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Royal Hampshire County Hospital
MHA Communities Basingstoke and East Hampshire
Play to the Crowd
Hammersley Homes Ltd.