The Hampshire Healthy Families 0-19 service is a partnership between Southern Health Foundation Trust and Barnardo’s. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative people to support us in our work across Bordon, Alton & Petersfield.
Our 'Family Support – Group Helper' volunteer role is diverse and flexible, and will suit a range of personal skills and preferences.
Our volunteers can:
- Support our “new parent” social walking groups (ReadySteadyMums);
- Be a peer befriender, supporting parents/carers to access local services;
- Support with community events promoting key health messages;
- Support the delivery of our courses and workshops to parents either in the community or on Zoom. (Five to Thrive; School Readiness; Family Food, Fun & Fitness; Baby Talk; Toddler Talk).
Do you have:
- A wish to volunteer with children and adults;
- Good listening skills with a caring approach;
- Patience and friendliness?
- A ‘people person’ who is positive and encouraging;
- Open-minded and flexible in your approach;
- Willing to input your hours into our online volunteering system each time you volunteer;
- Happy to provide satisfactory references and for Barnardo’s to complete a DBS check before you start your role?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all the above questions then you are just the person we are looking for, so please register your interest today.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Barnardo's
Ringwood Good Neighbours
Hampshire Children's Services
Hampshire Library and Information Service
Family Support Volunteer in the New Forest (training for new volunteers starts 27th September, 2022)
Alton & Petersfield Multiple Sclerosis Group