The Hampshire Healthy Families 0-19 service is a partnership between Southern Health Foundation Trust and Barnardo’s. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative people to support us in our work throughout Hampshire.
Our 'Family Support – Group Helper' volunteer role is diverse and flexible, and will suit a range of personal skills and preferences. Our volunteers can:
· Support families during Child Health Clinic sessions, creating a welcoming, friendly and safe environment for families and actively promote key public health messages (resources & appropriate training given where required);
· Be a peer befriender, supporting parents/carers to access local services;
· Help run a Ready Steady Mums group (social walking group);
· Support the delivery of our courses and workshops to parents (Five to Thrive, School Readiness, HEART Healthy Eating, Activity & Resources for Toddlers, Baby Talk, and Toddler Talk).
Our volunteer role is usually available across eight areas within Hampshire, however due to current Covid-19 restrictions we are not currently delivering our service in a face-to-face capacity, and Child Health Clinics are not currently running.
However we are providing online support to families and all of our workshops and courses listed above are being delivered via Zoom and we welcome volunteers to support with this digital delivery. Once Covid-19 restrictions lift we will be looking to return to working in the community.
Do you have:
· A wish to volunteer with children and adults;
· Good listening skills with a caring approach;
· Patience and friendliness?
· A ‘people person’ who is positive and encouraging;
· Open-minded and flexible in your approach;
· Willing to be supervised by service staff and health visitors;
· Willing to input your hours into our online volunteering system each time you volunteer;
· Happy to provide satisfactory references and for Barnardo’s to complete a DBS check before you start your role?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all the above questions then you are just the person we are looking for!
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Regular supervision and support from the Hampshire Healthy Families 0-19 team whilst you are volunteering. Coupled with access to additional online training and development.
- Volunteer induction
Full volunteer induction online: including Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Professional Boundaries;
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Friends of the Family
Fordingbridge Salvation Army