Our Fareham & Gosport Voluntary Car Service is entirely run by volunteers. Our mission is to enable vulnerable/elderly members of our community to get to appointments conveniently and economically when public transport options are not viable. We need car drivers, with suitable vehicles, to take our clients to medical appointments and social engagements. There are no set days or times. You choose when you drive, so you can fit your volunteering around your life, holidays and other commitments. Your mileage expenses will be covered. By helping vulnerable people to get out and about, you will be really helping to make their lives more enjoyable and getting much personal satisfaction from doing so.
- Offer transport to medical or other appointments
- Deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive material
- Be sensitive to the needs of a client within this role
- Report any concerns/issues to the Group Coordinator
- A clean full driving license.
- You will need to comply with all the legal requirements for everyday motoring (Tax, MOT, Insurance) and the policies and procedures of the organisation. Note that an Enhanced DBS check will be required.
- Good listening/communication skills
- Caring/sympathetic/sensitive manner/non-judgmental approach
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Willingness to be a positive role model for positive volunteer/client relationships
- Willingness to work without direct supervision
- Age restrictions
25 years+ for insurance purposes
- DBS check required
Enhanced DBS Check
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
If required - for suitable volunteers
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
Liability insurance via Good Neighbours Network. Volunteers will need their own car insurance.
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The role can be performed at any time as it is simply whenever the client’s appointment is, be it morning, afternoon or evening, 7 days a week - the amount of hours per week can therefore vary and you are free to commit to as many requests as you like.
More Opportunities from Fareham & Gosport Voluntary Car Service
MHA Communities - Winchester
Citizens Advice New Forest
New Milton Town Council
Age Concern - Hampshire