Knowle Youth Project Youth Club provides a safe and friendly meeting place for local young people to have fun, socialise and learn life skills. It's for young people aged 8-16 years, at Knowle Village Hall every Wednesday between 5:30-7:30pm.
The purpose of this role is to work cooperatively and supportively as a member of the Knowle Youth Project Youth Work Team. This includes helping to deliver the Youth Club sessions and activities, which meet the personal and social needs of the young people with an emphasis on learning life skills.
- Attend and take an active role during the Youth Club sessions.
- Contribute towards the planning of activities and sessions for the Youth Club.
- Contribute towards keeping a written record of all work done by the Youth Club.
- Take responsibility for tasks assigned to you by the Lead Youth Worker.
- Gather resources and equipment for activities when required.
- Help to ensure the activities and sessions operate safely.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Attend the training to support you in your volunteering role.
- Help to ensure that young people are involved in the running of the Youth Club and create a meaningful involvement in the club.
We do not expect you to start this role with all of the listed skills, but you must be willing to be trained and developed to attain them for this role:
- Have an interest in working with young people in an informal setting.
- Be a positive, enthusiastic role model for the young people and colleagues.
- Have a commitment to the personal and social development of young people.
- Be committed to equal opportunities.
- Work as part of a team.
- To be committed to attending the regular Youth Club sessions.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Knowle Village Hall
The Friday Night Charity
Duke of Edinburgh Awards
Bordon and Whitehill Voluntary Car Service