Volunteers required at existing groups and proposed areas across Hampshire. If you would like to set up a group please do get in contact with us.
We need friendly and caring people who want to support and facilitate groups for autistic adults in your local community. Our groups are designed to help autistic adults to meet in a welcoming and non-judgmental setting. We need our volunteers to make this happen.
Full training for the role will be provided with a 3 month induction period. All volunteers are required to complete safeguarding and GDPR training on an annual basis. We offer free in-person and online training on a quarterly basis. Each group also has a lead member of staff assigned for additional support:
- Welcome new members to the group and help them settle in
- Support members to participate in group activities
- Help make suggestions about new group activities
- Help send feedback about the group to Autism Hampshire staff
- Keep an accurate record of attendance at the group
- Report any concerns to Autism Hampshire staff
- Offer to make tea and coffee (where applicable)
- Help with setting up and packing up
- No prior experience is required, just the desire to help and to be thoughtful towards our members
- We do complete DBS checks prior to offering you a volunteering role
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Autism Hampshire
Growing Places Community
The Spring Arts and Heritage Centre
Westholme Nursing Home (HCC)
Citizens Advice East Hampshire