We help people overcome their problems, uphold their rights and create a fairer society. Our advice helps people out of and avoid crisis.
We are seeking a Reception and Information Volunteer for various half-day sessions.
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role.
- welcome all clients and other visitors to the local Citizens Advice.
- explain to the client how the service works, whether they might have to wait and what will happen next.
- gather contact details and data recording consent from clients.
- type up information from the client form onto a spreadsheet or database.
- talk to clients face to face, to help them find information online that can help them solve their problems.
- help clients carry out an activity online to solve their problems.
- work with an Initial Checker and the wider team to ensure a smooth flow of clients through the service.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good IT skills
- be calm under pressure
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Winchester District
Citizens Advice Winchester District
HOPE IN DEPRESSION
Bridge to Unity
Friends of the Family
Fareham West District Scouts