As Treasurer, you are a key member of your local fundraising group. You will need to record income and expenditure of the group, bank funds regularly and keep the members up to date with fundraising income totals.
· Maintaining accurate records of all income and expenditure by the Group.
· To assign correct Guide Dogs banking codes to all donations.
· To bank all funds donated to Guide Dogs promptly.
· To complete and issue receipts to donors.
· Attend Group meetings and advise members current levels of income and expenditure
· Monitor levels of expenditure, ensuring prompt claims for reimbursement of the Float Account.
· Ensure that the Float Account does not become overdrawn.
· Apply for soft credits and gift aid via your local Mobility Team.
· Maintaining records of where Guide Dogs Counter Top Boxes and life sized dogs are placed locally - working with your Group’s Collecting Box Co-Ordinator(s) and submitting the list by December 31st of each year to the Community Fundraiser
· To respond to requests made by Guide Dogs Finance department.
· Keeping Group fiscal records for 6 years in accordance with HMRC guidelines and to ensure that all Group records are available for the Community Fundraiser, Group members or any other independent examiner as requested by Guide Dogs.
- Age restrictions
Yes over 18's
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/11/2020
End Date: 10/11/2021
*Interviews will be carried out as soon as possible and training can be done virtually. There are a few things you can do virtually but also physically within the Covid restrictions*
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from Guide Dogs
Simon Says Hampshire
Winchester Youth Counselling
MHA Communities Fareham & Gosport