Why we want you:
By volunteering with us you’ll be helping to find positive solutions for the issues facing the Hampshire countryside and the environment.
By applying your skills and experience you can make a real difference and be a central part of a friendly and passionate charity.
As a website volunteer you’ll maintain and improve our website. You’ll help us to increase our reach by writing engaging copy and sharing progress of our work.
We’re ideally looking for volunteers with some previous experience in maintaining a website and a passion for environmental and countryside issues.
What you will be doing:
- Using your creative flair to write content encouraging members and the public to engage with our activities
- Updating website content
- Tracking website traffic and maximising our online reach
- Optimising search/SEO results by managing key words and meta tags
- Reporting on the success of website content in engaging with visitors
- Liaising with the web team at National CPRE
The skills you need:
- An interest in the countryside and environmental issues
- Good web writing skills
- Some previous experience of maintaining a website
- Good attention to detail and an eye for engaging web design
- Access to a computer and the internet at home
- Happy carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team
- Be able to commit to volunteering regularly to suit your availability with occasional attendance at meetings
What's in it for you:
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference to the countryside
- Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
- Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience
- We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
- We’ll give you a reference for your future work or volunteering
- Get involved with events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
- The opportunity to attend a volunteer induction day at CPRE’s national office in London or a regional centre
- We provide out-of-pocket travel expenses
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from CPRE Hampshire
Fareshare - Southern Central
YMCA Fairthorne Group