Volunteer in the warehouse to sort the food that we receive from our food partners and pick daily orders for charities. It's a great way to keep fit and all you need is a sturdy pair of hands!
What will you be doing?
- Working as part of a team to manually sort and store large deliveries of surplus food.
- Helping to assemble the daily deliveries of food for local charities and community groups.
- Making sure the food is within use by dates and handled safely.
- Be part of a team of likeminded people.
- Gain warehouse management skills such as Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate and forklift training.
- Be at the forefront of stopping good food from going to waste.
- Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch.
We're looking for people who ...
- Are able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading.
- Have basic literacy and numeracy skills to record quantities and types of food donated.
- Can work well as part of a team.
- Are happy to complete tasks independently according to instruction.
- Are adaptable - managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary.
- Are positive, friendly and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and food poverty.
The building is accessible, this role does require lifting. We're happy to discuss any thing with you to make your volunteering experience with Fareshare a positive one.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
In line with Fareshare Volunteer Expenses Policy.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Unit 1 Sunset Business Park
Brunel Road / Nutwood Way
Calmore Industrial Estate
More Opportunities from Fareshare - Southern Central
Community Team Volunteer (Gosport & Fareham, Havant, New Forest, Weywater, Rushmoor and Hart & Meon Valley)
Winchester and District Young Carers
1st Fareham Scout Group
Broadlands Riding for the Disabled