Are you looking for the right opportunity to share your financial skills in a way that makes a real difference to people’s lives?
The Bereavement Counselling Charity provides counselling to bereaved people who live in, or can travel to, Havant, Petersfield and the surrounding area through its team of qualified and trainee volunteer counsellors. The charity has recently become a CIO and is embarking on ambitious plans to extend its service to children and young people. All our trustees are volunteers.
We are seeking a treasurer to join our board of trustees as we navigate our way through the challenges presented by enlarging our counselling service, as well as responding to the effects of the Covid-19 crisis.
A bit about this role:
Our volunteer treasurer will work closely with other trustees and a manager who will manage day-to-day book-keeping, to maintain the finances of our charity, ensuring our funds are spent in the most effective way. You will also contribute to our fundraising strategy and efforts. In the coming year we will be seeking to raise in the region of £100,000.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Oversee the financial affairs of TBCC and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practices.
- Help prepare budgets and financial reports, and present these to the board of trustees.
- Ensure that the charity keeps accurate financial records.
- Be part of a team which ensures TBCC’s financial resources meet our needs now and in the future.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the charity.
What are the benefits to you?
You will develop your skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of bereaved adults and children. You will also meet new people, enjoy new experiences and be part of an energetic and committed board of trustees.
We’re looking for someone with:
- An accountancy background or experience of a similar role.
- The ability to collect and present information clearly and logically.
- Confidence using IT systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- Experience of charity accounting would be an advantage.
In normal times the trustees meet around 6 times a year for around two hours. In the current crisis we are meeting via Zoom a little more frequently as we plan our new structure and embark on major fundraising.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.