We are looking for a qualified volunteer yoga instructor to teach beginners yoga to a small group of adults with learning disabilities in our dedicated wellness centre in the heart of the New Forest.
Based in the beautiful grounds of Minstead Lodge, our New Forest Day Opportunities provides the perfect environment for the people we support to feel safe and confident as they engage in a wonderful variety of practical and therapeutic activities. All our sessions and experiences are carefully designed to offer the chance to develop valuable life skills, to build confidence, to promote greater independence and to support positive health and wellbeing.
What will you be doing?
- Creating a welcoming, friendly and calm environment within the teaching space.
- Delivering yoga at a beginner level for a mixed ability group and aimed at those who may have limited levels of fitness and flexibility.
- Teaching warm up and cool down moves at the beginning and end of each session.
- Enagaging with the group; motivating and encoraging them to participate in order to support their physical and mental health and development.
- Each session will last no longer than 45 minutes.
Friendly, kind and approachable, this volunteer role requires someone who really enjoys engaging with people of all abilities, has strong communication and interpersonal skills and good experience of beginners yoga. It would ideally suit someone who is enthusiastic and motivational, yet has the ability to recognise those moments which require patience and calm.
- Have experience of delivering yoga classes.
- Be able to communicate clearly to a group of people of mixed ability.
- Be able to motivate others, offer encouraging feedback and make exercise rewarding.
- Able to commit to one session a week for a minimum of one term (12 weeks).
- A yoga teaching qualification is required.
Although responsible for leading the class, a member of Minstead Trust staff will be present and on hand at all times to offer support.
The yoga session would run once a week on a fixed
day for 45 minutes only. This could currently be a Wednesday, Thursday or
Friday – either morning or afternoon. Sessions run from 10am-1pm and 2pm-4pm
and we always aim to be as flexible as possible.
Due to the location of Minstead Lodge access to a car would be advantageous.
- Age restrictions
18 years +
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
General volunteering training provided.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Minstead, Nr Lyndhurst
More Opportunities from Minstead Trust
St Faith's Charity Shop
Good Neighbours Network Hampshire
MHA Communities Fareham & Gosport
Age Concern - Hampshire