We’re looking for someone, or a team of people, to take on a volunteer management role helping our Executive Committee and our Leaders to run the Scout Group.
In Scouting this role is called a Group Scout Leader.
The role could be separated into three main areas:
- Leader support and development – this role is to manage and support adults volunteering in the Scout Group, review progress and ensure training needs are met.
- Executive Committee Liaison and Leaders Meeting Chair – this role is to develop and facilitate the relationship between the Executive committee and Leaders and will act as a liaison to other adults within the Group.
- Group Development – this role will help to manage the great programme of activities our young people take part in and liaise with the District, others in Scouting and the wider community.
All the roles will ensure that great Scouting happens for the Young people of the Scout Group and may involve enabling change where necessary.
If interested or would like more information please register your interest now.
The roles are ideal for a group of people (or one person) who can’t commit to a weekly event but are wanting to be involved in the Scout Group. No prior experience of Scouting is necessary as there will be a full training and induction and support programme tailored to suit your previous experiences.
- Age restrictions
Minimum age 18 years
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/12/2020
End Date: 09/12/2021
The roles, are ideal for a group of people (or one person) who can’t commit to a weekly event but are wanting to be involved in the Scout Group.
1st Burley Scout Group HQ
More Opportunities from Hampshire Scouts
The Rainbow Centre
The Rainbow Centre
VoiceAbility Hampshire and Southampton
Age Concern Hampshire - Alton Community Hospital