We ensure the future of Gurkha Heritage by celebrating, honouring and promoting the history and culture of the Gurkha Soldier and their continuing service to Britain.
The Museum is located at Peninsula Barracks, Winchester and is part of Winchester's Military Museums.
The Gurkha Museum shop assistant helps with selling Gurkha memorabilia and gifts to raise funds for the on-going running of The Gurkha Museum.
It is a customer-facing role, operating a till, taking money and working with stock, with an opportunity to meeting the museum visitors at the end of their museum tour.
Activities you will be involved in:
· Warmly welcoming customers entering the shop
· Operating the till
· Dealing with cash
· Building knowledge of the stock and the history/reasons why we stock the products
· Helping to sort and price the stock
· Replenish stock onto the shop shelves
· Keeping the shop tidy
· Being vigilant of people around you to minimise stock loss
What we can offer you:
· Training to carry out the above duties
· Being part of the friendly and supportive Museum staff
· The chance of meeting new people/customers every day
· Free on-site parking, mileage expenses from home to the museum, up to 20 miles per day.
The support and time you give to the museum and its visitors is really important and will set the tone for how the visitors experience The Gurkha Museum. We want everyone to have a worthwhile experience from the Museum and recommend a visit to their friends and family.
We would ask you to commit to regular hours each week or fortnight and dress appropriately for the role (smart/casual no jeans).
Skills – we are looking for:
· Friendly and approachable
· People with a ‘can do and helpful attitude’
· Punctual and reliable
· Calm, courteous and polite
· Supportive of the museums policies and procedures
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Volunteer time requirements: · Half days · Full days · Or by the hour
FATN Talking News
Twyford Waterworks Trust