St John's Winchester are looking for Volunteer Receptionist(s)/Admin Support to help our staff in the Charity's Head Office, based in the centre of Winchester.
Our volunteer(s) would become involved in greeting all visitors and callers to the General Office in a polite, professional and friendly manner, taking incoming telephone calls to the office, transferring them to appropriate managers, and assisting with general reception and administration tasks.
At St John's Winchester, care is at the heart of all we do. Our Almshouse residents are a vibrant community living their lives as they wish.
Main Volunteering Tasks:
- Be the Charity’s first point of contact at Head Office for contractor and visitors.
- Chat and engage with any residents who call into the General Office.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Assist residents with booking places on clubs, lunches, excursions and taking payments when necessary.
- Notifying the Property Co-Ordinator of any maintenance problems residents may have raised with regard to their accommodation.
- Book out keys from the key safe to staff and contractors.
- Support the General Office staff.
- Support office staff with emails, photocopying, hand deliveries, post, and general office administration.
- To maintain the values and mission of the Charity.
- To operate within the guidelines of all the Charity’s relevant policies and procedures.
- To familiarise yourself with the Charity’s Office Guide for Volunteers.
- To attend all training sessions appropriate to your volunteering role.
You may be required to undertake a DBS check for your role.
One step into main office. Although the general office is situated on the ground floor our volunteers will liaise with administration staff situated on the first floor via a staircase.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
32 St John's South
More Opportunities from St John's Winchester
Hampshire County Council - Library Service (New Forest)
Langstone Good Neighbours
Green Island Holiday Trust - New Forest Area
MHA Communities - Winchester
Fareham Good Neighbours