Canine Partners is a registered charity that transforms the lives of people with physical disabilities by partnering them with assistance dogs. Our amazing dogs bring a greater independence and quality of life to their partners, offering support, security, companionship, and practical help with everyday household tasks.
We are looking for warm and friendly volunteers at our Southern centre to welcome all visitors to the site and provide a helpful reception service.
To provide support in our busy office, to handle
calls and emails, and provide assistance with long term projects.
Volunteers are an
invaluable part of our team and whatever time you can give, will help us to
continue our life-transforming work. We have opportunities, Monday – Friday,
8.30 – 5.00pm which can fit around your free time and personal commitments.
What does the role involve?
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment to all visitors to the site.
- Provide a helpful reception service to all visitors, volunteers, supporters and staff.
- Offering and making refreshments.
- Answering calls calmly and professionally.
- Forwarding details of message to the appropriate person.
- General administration tasks as and when required.
- Assisting with long term projects.
- Dealing with sensitive information and upholding confidentiality and sensitivity at all times.
- Liaise with colleagues and volunteers at the centre to ensure good communication.
- An opportunity to talk to potential supporters about our work.
- The role may vary slightly as teams require different types of support.
Skills, experience and qualities required:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and IT skills (word, email and internet).
- Honesty, reliability, enthusiasm and positive outlook.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as required.
- Friendly and outgoing with the ability to work on your own, and within the team.
- Able to work in an environment with dogs.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Support and Training.
- Regular and ongoing support from canine partners and your point of contact.
- Payment of out of pocket expenses.
- Invitation to a Canine Partners centre information session.
- Invitation to join Official Canine Partners Facebook page.
- Refresher training may be required to keep up-to-date with best practice and policies and procedures.
- Shadowing and training opportunities.
- We will keep you up to date with news and information.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/04/2021
End Date: 23/04/2022
More Opportunities from Canine Partners
Age Concern Cowplain
Ringwood Good Neighbours