It’ Your Choice is an Information, Counselling, Advice and Support Service for young people aged 11-25 living in the New Forest.
Our Counselling service is delivered by a team of dedicated volunteers, who are passionate about supporting young people in working through issues and managing difficult periods in their lives, and who give their time to provide a high quality support service.
Due to an increase in referrals and the high demand on our service we are currently seeking to recruit Volunteer Counsellors who are qualified at diploma level or above or Placement Counsellors who have completed 75% of their hours needed for their qualification to join our team working across the New Forest. We would particularly like to hear from counsellors who have knowledge and experience of remote working. You will hold an individual case load of between 1-5 clients and receive in-house clinical supervision in line with the BACP Ethical Framework and Guidelines.
This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Checks, and you must have the right to work in the UK. We will also take up two references. It’s Your Choice believes that it is unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and we recognise our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of children and young people through a commitment to practice that protects them.
If you would like to join It’s Your Choice’s Counselling team, please visit our website for a recruitment pack. We will invite selected applicants to come for an interview, followed by a short induction and training programme for the successful applicants. Although the role is unpaid, we cover travel expenses, and there are on-going opportunities for professional development.
It’s Your Choice is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all candidates.
- Volunteer Qualified Counsellors (Diploma or above).
- Placement Counsellors (who must have completed 50% of their hours before interview date, July 2021).
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 hours per week for client work plus a monthly supervision commitment, in addition there will also be travel time and completion of relevant paper work and case management using a cloud based Database.
- To have initial assessment skills.
- To evidence awareness of the issues involved starting and ending a counselling relationship.
- Experience of relating meaningfully with young people, personal therapy and clinical supervision.
- To have worked within a voluntary or other organisation and/or show awareness of the issues involved.
- Age restrictions
Must have counselling experience and qualifications.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/04/2015
End Date: 25/06/2021
We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 hours per week for client work plus a monthly supervision commitment, in addition there will also be travel time and completion of relevant paper work and case management using a cloud based Database.
91 Junction Road
Testwood Lakes Sailability
CMA Connect Fareham
Hampshire Library and Information Service
Crohn's and Colitis UK