We are currently recruiting volunteers to join our small team.
Rockbourne Roman Villa is a unique local museum operated by Hampshire Cultural Trust. Volunteers play a crucial role in keeping the site open and contributing to the cultural life of the local area. You will be trained to meet and greet visitors, sell admission tickets and help us care for the presentation of the site.
We are looking for great people with a friendly and positive outlook, who are happy to learn our simple digital ticketing system, as well as a willingness to talk to the public and work in a small team. An interest in history and archaeology is welcome, but not essential.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a regular 2.5 hours a week, between 10.30am and 4.30pm, Wednesday to Sunday, April to October (the museum closes for the winter in October). This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for work experience in the museum sector or DoE volunteering, but it's open to all.
As a volunteer you will receive:
- Regular training and development, and a chance to expand your skills.
- Tickets to enjoy our evening theatre events in the summer.
- A Hampshire Cultural Trust Team Card, giving you free standard admission to all our sites across the Trust, as well as discounts in the shop and cafes.
- An end of year BBQ with other staff and volunteers.
- Invitation to join our internal Workplace social media site and receive updates from across the organisation, as well connecting with other volunteers.
For more information, please register your interest today.
This public-facing role-plays an important part in caring for Hampshire’s heritage. You will welcome visitors to the site and assist with providing excellent customer service for the benefit of our visitors and the local community.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
- Great communication skills and confidence to interact with visitors with enthusiasm. Customer service experience would be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to follow our risk assessment and maintain cleanliness of the site.
- Ability to work within a small team.
The museum is level access.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Free onsite parking. No expenses incurred.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Volunteers are asked to commit to a regular 2.5 hours a week, between 10.30am and 4.30pm, Wednesday to Sunday, April to October (the museum closes for the winter in October).
Rockbourne Roman Villa
East Hampshire Community Rail Partnership
Havant & Leigh Park Good Neighbours
Hoops Junior Netball Club
Age Concern - Hampshire