We work to promote, enhance and protect the beautiful countryside in Hampshire. Could you help improve the area, making it safer for wildlife, the local community and visitors?
As a CPRE Hampshire litter picker, you’ll carry out one-hour litter picks, when you are available, on a Saturday morning in the Winchester local authority area tackling littered roadside verges.
You will be accompanied by several other volunteers from CPRE Hampshire and supported by an Idverde truck which will help ensure you are safely shielded from on-coming traffic.
Your details will be added to our pool of CPRE Hampshire litter pickers and you will be contacted each week with details of the pick to see if you are available to help. You are not committed to helping out every week.
Prior to the litter pick Idverde (the company responsible for Winchester street cleaning), will provide you with health and safety guidance which once read you will need to sign for on the day so that you are covered by their insurance.
What you will be doing?
- Picking up litter in the Winchester Local Authority area.
- Using litter picking equipment such as a grabber and bag to collect litter from roadside verges.
- Placing full litter bags in the Iverde trucks.
- An interest in the countryside.
- Enjoy volunteering outdoors.
- Happy being part of a small team.
- A hands-on attitude.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from CPRE Hampshire
Fareshare - Southern Central
New Forest National Park Authority