Canine Partners is a registered charity that transforms the lives of people with physical disabilities by partnering them with assistance dogs. Our amazing dogs bring a greater independence and quality of life to their partners, offering support, security, companionship, and practical help with everyday household tasks.
We are looking for volunteers to support our Housekeeping staff to meet the changing needs of our charity due to Covid-19. Our Housekeeping team are at the forefront of our operations. Housekeeping volunteers will help staff to promote and maintain a high standard of cleanliness and assist us to maintain infection control standards.
If you prefer not to commit to a regular weekly attendance, we are looking for people to support us during holidays and on an occasional basis as required.
Volunteers are an invaluable part of our team and whatever time you can give, will help us to continue our life-transforming work. We have opportunities, Monday – Sunday, a weekly 1-2 hour shift, preferably in the afternoon. Housekeeping tasks are completed in pairs to help share the load.
Tasks involved are:
- Frequent cleaning of contact surfaces – these include communal door handles and push plates / bannister rails / tables / desk areas and chairs.
- Frequent cleaning of toilets to include door handles, contact points, walls and floors.
- Kitchenette areas – to include surfaces, sink, Fridge, microwave, kettle, tea & coffee jars.
- Floor cleaning.
- Main office areas.
- Kennels – wipe down all surfaces and contact points, brush dog beds, sweep all floors, toilet area as above.
- Liaise with colleagues and volunteers at the centre to ensure good communication.
No experience required as full induction and training provided.
This is a practical and physical role and involves:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness, reliability, enthusiasm and positive outlook.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as required.
- Initiative and common sense.
- Ability to work on your own, and within the team.
- Able to work in an environment with dogs.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Fast track application process.
- Robust Induction process.
- ID badge and volunteer clothing.
- Disposable gloves, masks and aprons provided.
- Regular and on-going support from canine partners and your point of contact.
- Payment of out of pocket expenses.
- Refresher training may be required to keep up-to-date with best practice and policies and procedures.
- Shadowing and training opportunities.
- Regular updates with news and information about Canine Partners.
- Invitation to join Official Canine Partners Facebook page.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Canine Partners
Avon Valley Dementia Support
Hampshire County Council - Library Service (New Forest)