Volunteer stewards welcome visitors to the house and act as guides in the rooms. There are also opportunities for costumed interpretation, helping with education activities for schools and families and assisting with object handling sessions.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who likes to meet people, learn about history or art or wants to get experience of working in a visitor attraction.
- Good communication skills to ensure visitors have a positive experience.
- An interest in history or art.
- Ability to understand and implement health and safety procedures when working with the public.
- Ability to work independently or with small groups of people.
- Experience of working with children (only required if you wish to join the schools team).
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Volunteers can offer their services weekly, monthly or even just a few times a year.
Marie Curie Hampshire
Hampshire Library and Information Service
Re-Engage Alton (formerly Contact the Elderly - Alton)
Havant Open DofE Centre