We are a Day Service for adults with a learning disability, and have a pleasant garden that we are developing into a sensory garden.
We are looking for a friendly individual with good gardening skills and knowledge, who would like to come and help us for a few hours each week to help us with the maintenance of our garden areas.
The role of the volunteer grounds person is to contribute towards the maintenance and development of the sensory garden and grounds at Havant Keystone. You will help to ensure the sensory garden and grounds are well maintained and accessible so they can be enjoyed by all those accessing the service. This could be a shared role.
- To assist with the basic maintenance of the sensory garden and grounds. This includes ground cultivation, weeding, planting, pruning, composting and watering.
- To identify and carry out basic maintenance, i.e. painting garden furniture and minor repairs.
- To ensure any larger maintenance and repair work is identified and reported to the management team.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge / experience or at least a keen interest in gardening / horticulture.
- Ability to undertake basic DIY.
- Able to follow instruction.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/02/2021
End Date: 09/02/2022
Can be fixed or flexible between Monday to Friday 9am-4pm. Evening and/or weekend hours could be considered.
172a Barncroft Way
Action on Hearing Loss
Chestnut Tree House
Hammersley Homes Ltd.
New Forest Mencap