The Invisible Walls service aims to improve the lives of children and families affected by imprisonment at HMP/YOI Winchester; reducing the risk of fathers reoffending on release and the perpetuation of intergenerational crime through strengthened family relationships.
- To work in conjunction with the Invisible Walls team, prison staff, volunteers and partnership agencies to provide services to prison visitors.
- To provide a welcoming first point of contact in the visitors' centre.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
- Provide light refreshments to visitors.
- Help make the visiting experience positive for both adults and children.
- Support play activities where appropriate.
- To be responsible, together with your shift partner, for the opening and closing of the centre.
- To support with general housekeeping duties as required, in order to, facilitate the smooth running of the visitors' centre for the benefit of adults and children alike.
- To set up the Visitors' Centre rooms as directed to ensure they are family friendly.
- To engage with visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- To become familiar with the range of supportive literature available within the visitors' centre in order to signpost visitors appropriately.
- To work in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator and prison staff with regards to reporting any issues or concerns arising.
- Complete handover book at the end of each session including completion of data collection in line with set procedure.
- To maintain clean environments, ensuring space is clean and fit for purpose while abiding to health and safety regulations.
- To undertake training and attend meetings as required in order to full-fill the role.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/06/2021
End Date: 29/06/2022
Invisible Walls Service, Spurgeons
HMP Winchester, Romsey Road
The Horrill Centre Day Care and Wellbeing Centre (Age Concern)
Hampshire Children's Services
Cancer Research UK Winchester
MHA Communities Fareham & Gosport