Virtual gamers wanted!
Are you a gaming fanatic? Do you enjoy playing with others?
A number of people we support absolutely love gaming and technology and so we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be their gaming buddies!
As a volunteer buddy, you would be matched up with a person we support to play different games with and talk all things tech!
Whether you have an Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch or other exciting consoles to play a range of games on, we would love for you to get in touch.
This is a virtual role, so your location can be flexible.
Activities will include:
- Getting to know the person you'll be supporting and the types of games they enjoy.
- Showing the person we support how to play different games.
- Playing games together online on a regular basis (e.g. once a week would be ideal).
- Chatting about programming/gaming/technology.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- A fan of console gaming.
- Interested in all things to do with technology.
- Friendly, patient and a good listener.
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (eg once a week would be ideal).
If you’d like to apply to be a Dimensions volunteer, register your interest today!
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19:
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Volunteer role is based from home.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
All volunteers are provided with access to our online training platform Learning Connect.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Can be supplied on request.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 08/07/2021
End Date: 08/07/2022
flexible but once a week would be ideal
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Hordle Voluntary Care Group
MHA Communities New Forest
The Horrill Centre Day Care and Wellbeing Centre (Age Concern)