Do you have a background in health and fitness?
Would you like to create fun exercise videos for the people we support to enjoy?
Health and wellbeing is more important than ever and many of the people we support are keen to find new ways to keep fit and healthy.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to create short videos for the people we support to join along with via our YouTube channel!
The videos can cover anything from yoga to chair aerobics, which will appeal to a wide range of abilities.
This role will allow you to showcase your creativity, develop your communication and IT skills, as well as contribute towards healthy lifestyles.
Activities will include:
- Creating at least one video to share with the people we support.
- Sharing your understanding and knowledge of different kinds of exercises, for example dance, chair aerobics, yoga and low impact exercises.
- Following our supplied guidelines to capture good quality video.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Skilled and have good knowledge of health and exercise.
- Comfortable/confident with recording themselves.
- Able to record videos on a video/DSLR camera or good quality mobile phone.
- Able to bring new forms of exercise to the people we support.
- Dynamic and personable, with clear communication skills.
- Happy to consent for their video(s) to be uploaded to the Dimensions YouTube channel (online consent form to be completed).
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
All volunteers are provided with access to free online training.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Available upon request.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/03/2021
End Date: 05/03/2022
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
MHA Communities Portsmouth & Havant
British Heart Foundation