We are a Charity Incorporated Organisation (CIO) set up to support young carers aged 8 to 17 who live in the Winchester District.
We believe young carers are children first and should be free to develop emotionally and take full advantage of opportunities for educational achievement and life success.
To improve the lives of children and young people with caring responsibilities by providing safe, quality support to individuals and offering a holistic approach to the whole family.
We are looking for people who can:
- Be committed to the purpose, objects and values of the organisation.
- Be constructive about other trustees’ opinions in discussions, and in response to staff members’ contributions at meetings.
- Be able to act reasonably and responsibly when undertaking such duties and performing tasks.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality on sensitive and confidential information.
- Be supportive of the values (and ethics) of the organisation.
- Understand the importance and purpose of meetings, and be committed to preparing for them adequately and attending them regularly.
- Be able to analyse information and, when necessary, challenge constructively.
- Be able to make collective decisions and stand by them.
- Be able to respect boundaries between executive (staff or day to day) and governance function.
Depends upon venue.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Winnall Valley Road
More Opportunities from Winchester and District Young Carers
Alton Community Cupboard
Citizens Advice Havant
Wellbeing Complementary Therapy Volunteer - help make every moment matter for our patients and their families
Oakhaven Hospice Trust
Solent Rescue Independent Lifeboat