We are a Community based Charity in Portchester and are looking for additional Trustees to join an established board. A Trustee of an organisation is an exciting and fulfilling role. The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets. The role of a Trustee is to ensure that Portchester Community Association CIO fulfils its duty to its beneficiaries through its goals, mission, aims and objectives.
Individuals are sought who have a strong empathy with our mission and have experience, skills and expertise in either the business, teaching or the charitable sector.
Key skills required are:
- Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board, and a willingness to speak their mind.
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquires on an ad hoc basis.
- Good, independent judgement and strategic vision.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- An understanding of the respective roles of the Chair and Trustees.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/06/2021
End Date: 21/06/2022
2 New Parade, 38 West Street
More Opportunities from Portchester Community Association
Hammersley Homes Ltd.
Good Neighbours Network Hampshire
Citizens Advice Witness Service