To provide sound financial administration, support and information in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
Responsibilities of a Group Treasurer:
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of the Scout Group.
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Committee.
- Leading the Executive Committee in the creation of budgets and financial planning and monitoring of these.
- Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations.
- Ensuring that the Group is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place.
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Committee and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting.
- Administering the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules.
- Membership and attendance of any finance working groups or sub-Committees set by the Executive Committee where appropriate.
Skills for a Treasurer:
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Previous experience of financial management or the role of a Charity Treasurer
- Able to analyse financial information effectively
- Good IT skills
- Ability to summarise financial information for different audiences
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
- Age restrictions
Min. Age 18
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/11/2020
End Date: 25/11/2021
More Opportunities from Hampshire Scouts
Governors for Schools (NF)
Chestnut Tree House children's hospice
The Royal British Legion Dorset/Hampshire