Off The Record offers information, support, counselling and befriending to young people aged 11-25 from Havant and the surrounding areas. Young people engage with Off The Record on a wide range of issues which can include relationships, self esteem and generally needing someone to talk to.
Do you feel you have something to offer young people in your local area who are facing difficulty?
Are you 18 or over, a good listener, caring and reliable?
Volunteering opportunities are available for Support Workers who are the first point of contact for young people.
Some aspects of the role involve welcoming clients, answering phone, handling enquiries, providing information, making appointments and carrying out introductory sessions, befriending and supporting. No experience is necessary as training will be provided via a 4-day volunteer recruitment course "Being A Volunteer" (BAV). All 4 days must be attended. Volunteers will need to be able to support a slot on either the Counselling, information, advice & guidance to young people. Young volunteers' projects. Face to face is currently limited due to Covid so these aspects of the role are currently not in effect.
What we offer – our commitment to you
· A Laser accredited Be A Volunteer training course
· An induction and shadowing period with experienced staff or volunteers
· Training in our admin and IT systems
· An opportunity to volunteer with young people at our offices in Leigh Park or at one of our groups in the Havant Borough
· Monthly support meetings
· A certificate of attendance
· Further training opportunities as and when funding allows
What we expect – your commitment to us
· Completed application forms
· Two satisfactory references and DBS check
· 100% attendance on the Be A Volunteer training
· A commitment to a weekly group or rota slot and attendance at monthly support meetings (2.5 hours a week plus one hour per month supervision is the minimum commitment)
· A contribution of £20 is charged for the Be A Volunteer course (concessions available)
Dates: To be confirmed possibly Saturday 21st November 2020
Times: 9:30-17:00 plus additional home learning and supported shadowing on your allocated slot and/or activity
Refreshments: Tea, coffee & biscuits are provided
Places: There are 10 places available
For further please contact us by registering your interest.
*No experience is necessary as training will be provided via a 4-day volunteer recruitment course "Being A Volunteer" (BAV)*
Some aspects of the role involve:
- Welcoming clients
- Answering phone
- Handling enquiries
- Providing information
- Making appointments and carrying out introductory sessions
- Befriending and supporting
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Date for training course to be confirmed, possibly Saturday 21st November 2020. A commitment to a weekly group or rota slot and attendance at monthly support meetings (2.5 hours a week plus one hour per month supervision is the minimum commitment).
138 Purbrook Way
MHA Live at Home Schemes
Twyford Waterworks Trust
HOPe New Forest