Treloar’s is a groundbreaking organisation providing first class education, therapy and care for young people with physical disabilities. Our students are aged between 2 and 24. Our long-term goal is to create a world where physically disabled young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream.
We need a number of volunteers to assist with the activities and events that take place after school hours in the residential houses. Our volunteers spend time with students in any of the following ways:
• Baking, cooking or helping students plan their meals
• Playing video games (Wii, PS3, Sing Star, etc.)
• Supporting or hosting karaoke, bingo or quiz nights
• Reading books to students or listening to students read
• Playing board games (Snakes & Ladders, Connect 4, Chess, etc.)
• Playing or supporting sports clubs
• Gardening (during spring and summer months)
• Arts and crafts
• Many, many other activities!
Let us know your talents and interests and we may be able to incorporate them into the activities!
Volunteers are guided by members of staff and receive full training to enable them to feel confident interacting with the students. This is a flexible role, most activities take place 4.15pm onwards. Please let us know your availability and we can find a role to suit.
Volunteering with Treloars can bring fantastic benefits!
• Meeting new people
• Excellent training opportunities for those wishing to develop their CV
• An enjoyable and fun evening
• Satisfaction and reward in knowing you are part of our students achieving their true potential
1. Strong interpersonal skills and patience
2. Sensitivity and empathy towards the individual needs of the student
3. Ability to support students improve their independence
4. Positive attitude and willing to learn
5. The willingness to have fun!
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/03/2019
End Date: 31/12/2020
More Opportunities from Treloar Trust
The Handy Trust
New Forest Live at Home
Volunteers to facilitate children from separated families seeing the parent they no longer live with
Havant & Waterlooville Child Contact Centres