Why we want you:
By volunteering with us you’ll be helping to find positive solutions for the issues facing the Hampshire countryside and the environment.
By applying your skills and experience you can make a real difference and be a central part of a friendly and passionate charity.
Our social media channels are a key part in bringing our work to a wider audience and attracting new people to support us. As a social media volunteer, you’ll write regular posts on our social channels and engage with followers to encourage them to get involved with our activities.
We’re ideally looking for volunteers with experience in managing social media channels for professional or personal use.
What you will be doing:
- Managing our local social media accounts to maximise our engagement with new members, volunteers and donors
- Creating social media content about our activities, achievements and interests
- Promoting our work to encourage new members, volunteers and donors
- Monitoring the impact of our social media activities and implementing
- Improvements to increase our reach
- Responding to enquiries received through social media channels
- Help us to connect with other local CPREs and like-minded organisations
The skills you need:
- An interest in the countryside and environmental issues
- Some experience of using social media platforms to engage supporters – paid or voluntary
- Good social media writing skills with a friendly and engaging tone of voice and attention to detail
- Happy carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team
- Have access to a computer and the internet at home and be confident using them
- Be able to commit to volunteering regularly to suit your availability with occasional attendance at meetings
What's in it for you:
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference to the countryside
- Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
- Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience
- We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
- We’ll give you a reference for your future work or volunteering
- Get involved with events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
- The opportunity to attend a volunteer induction day at CPRE’s national office in London or a regional centre
- We provide out-of-pocket travel expenses
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from CPRE Hampshire
Sue Ryder Havant
Help in Bereavement
Morelands Copse Camping (PPEDS)
Alton Local Food Initiative (ALFI)