We are seeking a Volunteer Social Media Officer to start ASAP with the opportunity for flexible working.
Purpose of the role:
- Deliver a social media strategy - to include diversification of platforms and increase income through social media fundraising.
- Devise an effective, resourced and sustainable social media plan to include all significant dates relating to the UK Armed Forces, Emergency Services and Assistance Dogs, alongside relevant Hounds for Heroes activity.
- Increase awareness and engagement and raise vital funds, amongst targeted groups, i.e., civilian emergency services/military as well as local community / general public.
- Responsible for ‘out of hours’ social media, to ensure we are engaging and responding to our audience in a time-critical manner.
- Maximise press exposure through positive stories, sharing successes and thanking supporters.
- Understand Hounds for Heroes mission and purpose and share frequent insights into who, why, and how we help.
- Encourage our followers to get involved and fundraise for us by advertising our current campaigns and events.
- Monitor the engagement of each post to determine what content our viewers want to see most, and edit your social media plan accordingly.
If you are interested please register today.
What we are looking for:
- We are seeking a motivated individual who has a detailed understanding promoting content across our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
- You must possess creative and innovative qualities that can be reflected through their social media posts.
- Experience working in fundraising or social media is preferred, but not necessary.
This opportunity is ideal for individuals who wish to gain experience in digital marketing, feel confident producing and promoting content on social media, and want to make a difference by supporting an ambitious charity.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Unit 2B, Rookery Farm Buildings, Ramsdean
New Forest Mencap
Opportunities with Hampshire Governor Services
The Royal British Legion Dorset/Hampshire
Hayling Voluntary Services