Do you have a few hours to spare on a weekly basis?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of Older People in your local community?
If so, this is the role for you!
Our Volunteer Befrienders help improve the quality of life for older people who are socially isolated and may feel lonely. Our Befrienders are introduced to a member with the purpose of spending time each week to bring companionship, and a chance to chat. This may include a short walk just to post a letter, or walk in the park. The aim is to help increase the confidence of the older person to enable them to venture outside after being at home during this pandemic.
The areas covered are Winchester and surrounding villages.
- Good listening skills.
- Patience, empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
- You will be reliable and punctual.
- You will have a clear sense of personal boundaries.
- You will provide a supportive and non-judgmental service.
- A willingness to engage with training and development.
- You will have a good understanding of your personal strengths and limitations.
- You’ll be able to maintain confidentiality.
Register your interest today and we can send you an application form to complete.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from St John's Winchester
VoiceAbility Hampshire and Southampton
MHA Communities New Forest