are looking for individuals with an interest in pursuing a career
in conservation, community engagement, recreation, site management, working with
volunteers and the public and wanting to gain experience in the Forestry Sector.
What we offer:
- Training relevant to the role from the experienced member of staff being shadowed, along with gaining knowledge from wider colleagues.
- Guidance and support in applying for further training or employment opportunities.
- Genuine out of pocket expenses which includes travel expenses beyond your reporting station.
- Volunteer parking pass after 35 hours of volunteering.
- Volunteer uniform.
- Formal training opportunities – first aid and manual handling.
The scheme runs twice a year in a selection of the nation’s forests.
Successful volunteers are given training and develop on the job skills and experience shadowing a Forestry England member of staff, one to three days a week over six months.
The forest can be a difficult environment to access. However we welcome applications from people with disabilities with the aiming of working alongside successful applicants to look at how we can adapt the role to be more accessible.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Citizens Advice Havant
VoiceAbility Hampshire and Southampton
Citizens Advice Winchester District
Good Neighbours Network Hampshire
Wecock Community Association (Acorn Centre)