Treloar’s is a groundbreaking organisation providing first class education, therapy and care for young people with physical disabilities. Our students are aged between 2 and 24. Our long-term goal is to create a world where physically disabled young people learn to take control of their lives and dare to dream.
Our School and College classrooms are enjoyable, vibrant and unique environments. Students benefit from our excellent teaching and support staff; however, Voluntary Helpers provide our students with additional support and interaction with members of the community. Voluntary Helpers will support students in a variety of classroom activities such as reading/writing, computer skills, life skills e.g. cooking, art, sport and much more. Let us know your interests and expertise and we will place in you an appropriate classroom setting.
Volunteers are guided by members of staff and receive full training to enable them to feel confident interacting with the students. Volunteers should commit to one morning or afternoon a week, for a minimum of one academic term.
Volunteering with Treloars can bring fantastic benefits!
• Meeting new people
• Excellent training opportunities for those wishing to develop their CV
• An enjoyable day
• Opportunity to use your skills in a unique environment
• Satisfaction and reward in knowing you are part of our students achieving their true potential
1. Strong interpersonal skills and patience
2. Sensitivity and empathy towards the individual needs of the student
3. Ability to support students improve their independence
4. Positive attitude and willing to learn
5. The willingness to have fun!
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/03/2019
End Date: 31/12/2020
More Opportunities from Treloar Trust
Sebastian's Action Trust
Winchester and District Young Carers
Grayshott Cricket Club
Friends of the Family
RSPCA Solent Branch