Purpose of the Role:
• To assist the Conductors and other Rainbow staff in delivering a programme of Conductive Education to children with Cerebral Palsy and other motor disorders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Setting up/putting away furniture and equipment used to deliver the Conductive Education programme.
• To be an active member of the team and to take a diligent part in maintaining an appropriate learning environment for the children.
• Assisting the children with their toilet needs, whilst following hygiene guidelines, under supervision.
• To be a responsible and self-disciplined member of the team.
• To carry out and promote the aims of the Rainbow Centre.
• Assist with preparing and creating support materials/decoration.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Conductors
• Ability to develop good working relationships with children, their families and carers, members of staff, other professionals and other volunteers.
• To work in a busy environment as part of a team with an active schedule.
• Demonstrate good verbal, written and listening skills to enable clear and accessible information to be communicated.
• Personal: Empathetic, Sensitive, Flexible, Loyal, Innovative, Responsible.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
We currently have a vacancy for volunteering within our Saturday Club Sessions, from 10am – 1pm every Saturday during term time. We are looking for someone who is caring, compassionate and fun; enjoys spending time with children and is willing to commit to an ac
The Bradbury Building
More Opportunities from The Rainbow Centre
Citizens Advice Fareham
FirstBite Community Food Project CIC
Riding For The Disabled - Broadlands
Opportunities with Hampshire Governor Services