Would you like to gain some work experience whilst really making a difference?
Would you like to help young people across the UK improve their mental health?
Are you interested in volunteering with a leading mental health charity?
If so, you may be the person we need!
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise, Equity and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
We are currently seeking volunteers to support Bloom, a UK-wide programme which supports young people’s mental health resilience. Delivered in schools and colleges, Bloom equips young people with the tools and knowledge to maintain their mental health through life’s transitions, both now and in the future.
We are now recruiting volunteers to support us in expanding the reach of this project in the north, the midlands and the south of England.
Volunteer Role Purpose
Work with us for one school term or more to:
- Help us bring our training to as many young people in your area as possible, enabling them to maintain their mental health and wellbeing throughout life’s transitions.
- Research the education landscape in your area to identify new contacts and build connections with your community.
- Use your local knowledge and contacts to help us reach more schools and colleges in your area.
- Work with our engagement officers to build connections with key local stakeholders.
- Demonstrate our impact in your area by sharing news of Bloom’s success with stakeholders.
Volunteers will work flexibly from home with the support of their regional Engagement Officer and can work out a plan based on the time they feel able to contribute to the project, with 5 hours a week as the minimum. Hours will be agreed with Engagement Officers and each volunteer.
All you need to volunteer is a working internet connection, basic IT and admin skills, and a phone.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
The Footprints Project
Friends of the Family
HOPe New Forest