The Fareham Shopmobility service provides mobility scooters, electric and manual wheelchairs to people with limited mobility, enabling them to access Fareham town centre and shop independently.
The Receptionist will be expected to:
- Have face to face customer contact and excellent customer care.
- Use the telephone to help with enquiries and equipment bookings.
- Perform general reception and administration duties.
- Use the till and cash up procedure.
- Respond to two-way radio messages from other services.
- Allocate of equipment to customers.
- Signpost the public towards information on support, services and community groups.
- Be the appointed person to act on first aid, fire or other emergency situations in the event of the manager or deputy not being available.
- Good customer care is needed for this face to face position.
- Good filing techniques, basic record keeping.
- Very clear telephone manner.
- Understanding of the variety of our equipment available to customers and the good practice of using them.
- Awareness of COMMUNITY FIRST FAREHAM products and other local services.
- Confidentiality and respect for all aspects of Shopmobility is essential.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
More Opportunities from Community First
Weeke Community Centre - Weeke Kids Club
Hampshire Children's Services
HOPe New Forest
Simon Says Hampshire