This is a part-time Puppy Raiser Role. You would support Puppy Raisers in your area, having the puppy to stay with you if the puppy raiser is unable to take the dog on holiday with them or is taken ill.
You would complete all the tasks done by the full time carer whilst the dog is in your home.
What does the role involve?
- Feeding, training and generally caring for a puppy's needs on a daily basis is time consuming and, particularly when very young, they cannot be left on their own for more than three hours.
- You will develop and care for a puppy as directed by your supervisor and as described in Puppy Raising Policies and Procedures.
- You will familiarise the puppy with many different environments.
- Teaching basic obedience commands.
You will need access to a suitable area where the puppy could go to the toilet during the day, including first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
Full support and training given.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from Guide Dogs
Dementia Support Hampshire & IOW
Winton House Centre
Oakhaven Hospice Trust