You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for 1 hour per week or 4 hours a month. The role could be mainly done from home outside office hours.
Purpose of the role:
● To publicise the work of the CAB.
● To let people know the benefits of volunteering at the CAB.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
● Going to external organisations to promote the CAB - this could be by giving a talk or speaking to the manager and leaving posters, leaflets etc.
● Revamping current publicity materials.
● Writing press releases.
● Developing links with the local media.
● Writing a bureau newsletter.
● Developing the bureau's website and keeping content lively and up to date.
● Using social media including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.
Personal skills and qualities that a media /publicity worker needs:
● Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the CAB service and its equality and diversity policies.
● To be able to work as part of a team.
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
● Friendly and outgoing.
● Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
● Able to develop links in the community.
We are based on the 1st Floor of Fareham Library. There is a lift to the 1st floor. We are happy to discuss individual needs and will endeavor to meet those needs.
- Age restrictions
Roles are available to anyone over 16 years. There is no upper age restriction.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Parking costs and travel expenses within the borough of Fareham are reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The role could be mainly done from home outside office hours.
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Fareham
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park
Hampshire County Council - Library Service (New Forest)
MHA Havant Live at Home Scheme
The Stable Family Home Trust
St John's Winchester