Poppy Appeal Organiser:
- Publicise, promote and organise the Poppy Appeal in your designated area, in conjunction with your local Community Fundraiser.
- Arrange the ordering (through our online system), storage and distribution of poppies and other materials for the Appeal.
- Help recruit other volunteers to distribute poppies and to help collect at local collections if needed in your area. They could be friends, relatives, local community groups or local residents that may be interested. Full training and advice on this will be given and you will be supported by your local community fundraiser.
- Carefully safeguard and accurately account for all monies taken during the
Poppy Appeal, bank Appeal donations and liaise with head office about banking
What training will I receive?
You will be given the opportunity to complete the online Introduction to the Legion, and will be expected to read and adhere to the Poppy Appeal Organiser's Handbook which has all the guidelines you need to support you in your role.
What support will be available to me?
You will be given a designated supervisor who will meet with you to discuss your volunteering, training and opportunities for personal development. You we be required to attend briefings, training and other meetings when requested to keep up to ensure you are able to fulfill your volunteer role.
Additional support will be provided by the local community fundraiser or your fundraising relationship manager.
How will we work together?
We are grateful for your gift of time in helping us to support the Armed Forces community. We aim to make your volunteering with the Legion an enjoyable and rewarding experience. We will reimburse your expenses, in line with our agreed guidelines, and you will be covered by our public liability insurance.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Prior agreement with relationship manager.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/06/2021
End Date: 21/06/2022
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from The Royal British Legion Dorset/Hampshire
Wessex Heritage Trust - Memories Brought Home
New Forest Disability Information Service
The Horrill Centre Day Care and Wellbeing Centre (Age Concern)
New Forest Mencap