When a Hampshire child is permanently excluded from school the family is offered support to enable them to understand the process and their rights and have the opportunity to express their views.
The role requires an initial meeting in the families home or via a telephone conversation to complete the questionnaire. Further support maybe required depending on the needs of the family which could include guiding the family through and understanding the school packs, supporting them at the Governors Pupil Disciplinary Committee (GDC) and potentially attending with the family an independent review panel (IRP).
As a volunteer I will:
- Attend 1 ½ days induction training and an additional ½ day with the Inclusion Team.
- Receive details from the Volunteer Coordinator about the exclusion and the required timescales for the meeting.
- Contact the family to arrange a meeting.
- Meet with the child/family to guide them through the exclusion process and the child’s rights.
- Submit the questionnaire to the Innovations team.
As an organisation we will:
- Offer training relevant to the role.
- Provide you with ongoing, high quality and timely support.
- Pay mileage expenses at 45p per mile plus any additional expenses that may be incurred (mileage expenses can only be paid on evidence of business insurance and a valid MOT).
*Please ensure you note your location when registering your interest*
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
All volunteering expenses including mileage will be paid. In order to claim mileage, volunteers will need to hold 'business use' insurance.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
Will be provided once interest has been expressed.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/03/2021
End Date: 16/03/2022
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Hampshire Children's Services
Ringwood Good Neighbours
Ringwood Actions for Climate Emergency (RACE against time)
Hampshire County Council - Library Service (New Forest)
CMA Connect Fareham