Butterflies is a community-based bereavement support and friendship charity covering Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. We have over 400 active clients at the current time and significant numbers of virtual clients. We work with the whole community and with statutory and community organisations.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteer office assistants at the Butterflies Centre in Eastleigh to perform a variety of administrative and office support tasks.
These are ideal positions for someone with good attention to detail and with experience of answering telephones and using computers.
We are a committed energetic office and looking forward to welcoming more people to our team who love supporting those in need through bereavement and loneliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
This will include, but not limited to:
- Data entry
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, and mailing
- Managing the counselling room diary
- Responsible oversight for specific services we support
Your office orientation will include training on all office equipment, the database, and office filing systems.
This position requires a minimum 3-month commitment for 3 hours per week during office.
- Must be courteous and personable with good interpersonal skills and a friendly manner.
- Must be dependable, punctual, work well independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to take initiative and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent organisational, written, and verbal skills.
- Computer skills are a must - Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all the volunteers and service users of Butterflies.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement and complete a successful volunteer sector criminal.
- Record check. (As a volunteer, this criminal record check would be at no cost to you.)
Benefits and recognition:
- Be a part of an award-winning charity that provides support to the bereaved and isolated across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- Be part of a dynamic, innovative, and successful team where everyone is equal.
- Great opportunity to build non-profit experience and learn from a successful team.
- working in the non-profit trenches.
- Opportunity for advancement and increased skill development based on interest and
- Valuable work experience and transferrable skills in administration,
- Free parking and on a bus route.
- All the tea you can enjoy! Plus, occasional homemade cake!
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/02/2021
End Date: 01/02/2022
We can adjust timings as needed.
The Butterflies Centre
19 Pirelli Way
More Opportunities from Butterflies Bereavement
Hythe Pier Heritage Association
FATN Talking News
Governors for Schools
YMCA Fairthorne Group